Registration for participants not presenting in the conference (audience), will be open from March 3 until September 15, 2017. Early registration is strongly recommended.
· 200€ - guest (including lunch and afternoon coffee for all 3 days)
· 150€ - guest - student price (including lunch and afternoon coffee for all 3 days)
Special dietary needs will be asked in the registration form, please specify all details to ensure your special lunch for the conference.
Presenters and performers
We welcome proposals on the following topics: vocal jazz improvisation, sound qualities and jazz voice technique, interpretation, traditional vocal jazz, vocal jazz history, stylistic directions of vocal jazz, instrumentalists versus singers, vocal jazz pedagogy, vocal jazz research, and vocal jazz in different countries/cultures. Proposals on other topics related to jazz singing may also be considered, so please send your abstract and topic.
- Lecture / presentation, 10 min (+10 min discussion)
- Lecture concert, 30 min (+10 min discussion) *
- Workshop, 30 min (+10 min discussion) *
* An accompanying house-band can be provided upon request
The language of the conference and all presentations is English.
- Curriculum vitae
- Proposal form
Deadline for proposals: May 7, 2017.
Proposals will be peer-reviewed anonymously by a board of jazz professionals. All applicants will be notified regarding their acceptance via e-mail by May 8, 2017. The conference fee for presenters is 130EUR (including coffee, lunch and afternoon coffee/tea for 3 days and the final dinner on Sunday 8th of October).