Overstrain - harjoittelu
You can detect physical overstrain by listening to your body. As well as evaluating your own symptoms, its worth getting your music instructors opinion and, if necessary, consulting a physician or physiotherapist specialised in musicians symptoms.
Typical symptoms among musicians are
- Muscle symptoms (stiffness, pain, weakness)
- Neurological symptoms (numbness, stabbing pains)
- Hormonal symptoms (menstrual dysfunction)
- Metabolic symptoms (fatigue, weight gain)
- System regulation disorders (sweating, chills)
- Psychiatric symptoms (anxiety, sleeping disorders, depression)
Typical mistakes when suffering from overstrain are
- Interpreting your body's messages as normal.
- Masking your body's messages with medication.
Erja Joukamo-Ampuja and Jouko Heiskanen