Mistakes and misconceptions - harjoittelu
MISTAKES AND MISCONCEPTIONS
Common mistakes and misconceptions include:
- Increased amounts of practice are seen as the sole solution to a musicians problems.
- Always having a guilty conscience with regard to practicing.
- Too much unplanned practice.
- Only practicing when you feel like it.
- Too few breaks during practice.
- The belief that pain is a natural part of playing.
- Changing technique with only the standard amount of practice.
- Wrong or misguided self-treatment.
- Not seeking help with playing difficulties in right time.
- Neglecting to take enough recovery time.